All are welcome to join us in worshiping Jesus, our Lord and Savior.
- In-Person: Sundays, 10 a.m.
- Watch on Facebook*, 10 a.m.
- *Facebook account not required
What you need to know before you go
- Worship held in the main sanctuary with Smith Hall overflow
- Windows opened when practical
- Pews have been removed to enable social distancing
- Use chairs to create flexible bubbles of one to three people
- Refreshments served outside
- Masks are required unless actively eating/drinking outside
- Adopted COVID Mitigation Plan, May 20, 2021 (PDF)
Update on COVID Safety and Mitigation
Chapel by the Lake adjusted our gathering practices in response to the change in the City and Borough of Juneau (CBJ) current alert level. Recent adjustments are in full compliance with CBJ (and CDC) requirements and recommendations.
Last year Chapel by the Lake submitted a specific mitigation plan which reflects our building size and environment to CBJ for review and approval. Most churches submitted such a plan. Our plan was approved. According to the approved plan, our gatherings are simply limited by our ability to social distance and not subject to numbers intended for the general public. Fortunately, the Deputy City Manager used to be a member of Chapel by the Lake and is very familiar with our facility.
Our mitigation plan was designed to be adjusted if/when community circumstances and guidelines change. Church leadership is on top of the changes and will continue to lead us in further adjustments. If you have any concerns, Rev. Dr. Tim Harrison is glad to meet with you.